Session Reconnection on Terminal Server guideline
Posted by Scott Sims on 24 December 2009 12:00 AM
In order for reconnection to work, please consider the following guidelines:
- Enable Reconnect to Disconnected Sessions and Limit User to One Session in within Load Balancer tab in 2X Console
- Enable Automatic Reconnection and Restrict Terminal Services Users to a Single Remote Session (Local Computer Policy\Computer Configuration\Administrative Templates\Windows Components\Terminal Servers) in each Terminal Server in the Farm
- Pass username prior to connection (specify it in options of MS RDP client if using 2X LoadBalancer)
- Only the first 9 characters are significant for reconnection if you do not use the 2x Client used with 2X ApplicationServer XG
- If you are not using the 2X Client for connection bear in mind that mstsc does not always pass all the data required and reconnection may fail due to limitations (passing the ip instead of the username)
- Please make sure that you are running the latest build. To find out what the latest version/build is, kindly visit the following link: http://www.2x.com/downloads/
- Please note that in order to upgrade, you must have purchased the upgrade insurance, as licenses need to be upgraded in order to work on a later build.
- To find out what is the version you currently have installed on your ThinClientServer, please open the console and check the currently installed version from the top right of your screen.
- To find out what is the currently installed version of your 2X Application, please open the console and navigate to help>about.
- Please kindly note that the issues and resolution presented on this article may be obsolete or no longer helpful with the latest version of your 2X Application. Should you require further assistance, please submit a ticket with Technical Support from the following link: http://2x.helpserve.com/index.php?_m=tickets&_a=submit
- Please be aware that links related to 3rd parties like Microsoft, may sometimes be replaced or moved by the 3rd party itself.