When diagnosing issues with 2X ThinClientServer, 2X ThinClientOS, or actual Thin Clients, it is possible to activate debug options for the 2X ThinClientServer which can provide the Administrator or the 2X Support Centre with additional information.
To obtain the relevant debug information:
- Login to the 2X ThinClientServer Management Console:
browse to http://thinserver.2x.local:980/ (please
replace thinserver.2x.local with the hostname of the 2X
- Under Support node on the left hand side, click on Debug
- Click on debug to turn Debug to on
- Reboot the client
- Continue till the error occurs including usually you have to login if possible.
- Login to the 2X ThinClient Management Console
- Under Support node click debug
- Select the radio box for the ThinClient you are debugging, and click Acquire debug button
- Review the debug or email it to email@example.com detailing the issue
- Please make sure that you are running the latest build. To find out what the latest version/build is, kindly visit the following link: http://www.2x.com/downloads/
- Please note that in order to upgrade, you must have purchased the upgrade insurance, as licenses need to be upgraded in order to work on a later build.
- To find out what is the version you currently have installed on your ThinClientServer, please open the console and check the currently installed version from the top right of your screen.
- To find out what is the currently installed version of your 2X Application, please open the console and navigate to help>about.
- Please kindly note that the issues and resolution presented on this article may be obsolete or no longer helpful with the latest version of your 2X Application. Should you require further assistance, please submit a ticket with Technical Support from the following link: http://2x.helpserve.com/index.php?_m=tickets&_a=submit
- Please be aware that links related to 3rd parties like Microsoft, may sometimes be replaced or moved by the 3rd party itself.