You can enable "administrative mode" terminal services, which allows only two sessions, via the System Control Panel applet's Remote tab; for full terminal services, you must enable it by performing these steps:
- Start the Add or Remove Programs Control Panel applet (Start - Settings - Control Panel - Add or Remove Programs).
- Click Add/Remove Windows Components.
- Select the Terminal Server option (and clear Internet Explorer Enhanced Security Configuration), then click Next.
- For the security mode, select Full or Relaxed, then click Next.
- Select the licensing server to use or select the option to automatically discover a license server, then click Next.
- Select the licensing mode--Per Device or Per User. If you have more users then devices, select Per Device mode; otherwise select Per User. Click Finish.
- Reboot the computer when prompted.
You must add all users who you want to be able to connect to the terminal server to the Remote Desktop Users group, and you must install all programs via the Add or Remote Programs Control Panel applet.
Members of a terminal server farm must be running Windows 2003 Enterprise Edition. If you want to confirm the licensing server that a terminal server is using, run the lsview.exe utility, which you'll find in the Windows 2003 Resource Kit.
MSLicensing\Parameters registry key under either the EnterpriseServerMulti or DomainLicenseServerMulti values (depending on the type of the licensing server).
- Please make sure that you are running the latest build. To find out what the latest version/build is, kindly visit the following link: http://www.2x.com/downloads/
- Please note that in order to upgrade, you must have purchased the upgrade insurance, as licenses need to be upgraded in order to work on a later build.
- To find out what is the version you currently have installed on your ThinClientServer, please open the console and check the currently installed version from the top right of your screen.
- To find out what is the currently installed version of your 2X Application, please open the console and navigate to help>about.
- Please kindly note that the issues and resolution presented on this article may be obsolete or no longer helpful with the latest version of your 2X Application. Should you require further assistance, please submit a ticket with Technical Support from the following link: http://2x.helpserve.com/index.php?_m=tickets&_a=submit
- Please be aware that links related to 3rd parties like Microsoft, may sometimes be replaced or moved by the 3rd party itself.