Connecting Slave server to a Master which is running for some time.
Posted by - NA - on 28 January 2008 08:13 AM
- Back up the live TCS
- Uninstall from Slaves
- Upgrade Master
- Edit C:\Program Files\2X\ThinClientServer\apache2\htdocs\conf\key.conf replacing all the text with "evaluation"
- Install Enterprise Product Key
Change C:\Program Files\2X\ThinClientServer\apache2\php.ini settings and restart service on master (memory_limit to 512M and default_socket_timeout to 480)
- Move backups from C:\Program Files\2X\ThinClientServer\apache2\htdocs\rollback folder on master
- Begin installing slave, but before joining to the farm change PHP.ini settings and restart service on slave
This will take 10 minutes or more, but will eventually complete as long
as the PHP.INI settings were changed and the service was restarted. If
it gives an error, just cancel setup and go back to step 8.
Test the thin clients in PXE mode
Test the converted Fat client to verify it pulls the new image down to it's HDD automatically
- Test the HP thin clients in Flash mode to verify they pull the new image down to their flash automatically
- Test the converted Fat with a v4.1 2x CD choosing Network boot to verify it boots ok with the new image
- Do a repair on the slave to make sure it repairs ok. You have to modify the PHP before connecting again.
- Uninstall the slave completely and then reinstall to see if it can connect back to the master
- Please make sure that you are running the latest build. To find out what the latest version/build is, kindly visit the following link: http://www.2x.com/downloads/
- Please note that in order to upgrade, you must have purchased the upgrade insurance, as licenses need to be upgraded in order to work on a later build.
- To find out what is the version you currently have installed on your ThinClientServer, please open the console and check the currently installed version from the top right of your screen.
- To find out what is the currently installed version of your 2X Application, please open the console and navigate to help>about.
- Please kindly note that the issues and resolution presented on this article may be obsolete or no longer helpful with the latest version of your 2X Application. Should you require further assistance, please submit a ticket with Technical Support from the following link: http://2x.helpserve.com/index.php?_m=tickets&_a=submit
- Please be aware that links related to 3rd parties like Microsoft, may sometimes be replaced or moved by the 3rd party itself.