Problem: 2X TerminalServer Agents Offline After Reboot (ServicesPipeTimeout)
Posted by on 13 August 2014 09:03 AM
After every service reboot the 2X TerminalServer Agent may remain 'stopped', possibly requiring a manual start.
Event logs will have:
Log Name: System
· 2X Remote Application Server Version 10 and later
· All Supported Windows Operating Systems
· Go to Start > Run > and type regedit
· Navigate to: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control
· With the control folder selected, right click in the pane on the right and select new DWORD Value
· Name the new DWORD: ServicesPipeTimeout
· Right-click ServicesPipeTimeout, and then click Modify
· Click Decimal, type '180000', and then click OK
· Restart the computer
This issue occurs because the Windows Service Control Manager does not receive a timely response back from the 2X service’s start request. The service start fails and the service will stay on ‘stopped’.