2X ApplicationServer XG incorporates a Startup Wizard which will guide you through each step needed to setup Virtual Desktops, Published Applications, Published Desktops or Terminal Servers (for load balancing) in a quick and efficient manner. In the toolbar area, simply click on the Wizard icon or you can also choose from the options located in the tool bar of 2X ApplicationServer XG Console.
NOTE: Press ‘Cancel’ if you want to configure your farm manually. Click here to go directly to setting up your Farm.
Start by selecting what you want to publish. You can choose from:
- Virtual Desktop – Add a new Virtual Host and publish a virtual desktop.
- Published Application – Add a new Terminal Server and publish applications.
- Published Desktop – Add a new Terminal Server and publish a desktop.
- Setup LoadBalancer – Add Terminal Servers to the 2X LoadBalancer
Publish a Virtual Desktop
Virtual Desktop Configuration
Enter a Name and Description for the published virtual desktop.
In the ‘Connect to’ field, choose where you want your Virtual Desktop to connect to:
- Any Guest – The Virtual Desktop connects to any guest from a selected Pool. Click on the drop down arrow to choose which Pool to connect to.
- Specific Guest - Will connect the virtual desktop to a specific Guest. Click on the drop down arrow to choose Virtual Guest.
- Guest - Connects the Virtual Desktop to a Guest from a selected Pool. Click on the drop down arrow to choose the Pool. In the ‘where name equals’ field, select the Username or IP Address.
- Specific 2X Template – This option will allow you to connect the Virtual Desktop to a specific 2X Template.
Check this box so that the User connects to the same Guest. (Available with Any Guest, Guest and Specific 2X Template)
Publish an Application
Select where you want to publish the application from:
- All Servers in Farm - includes all the servers that are added to the farm. If only one server is present you will be automatically be taken to the ‘Startup Wizard – Publish Applications’ dialog box.
- Server Groups – This option is not available for publishing applications.
- Individual Servers - allows you to choose the servers you would like to use to publish an application one by one by checking the checkbox next to the name of the server.
- New Server - add a new server to the farm and use it to publish an application.
Publish An Application
Click on the ‘Browse...’ button and select the Executable (.exe) file of the application that you would like to publish.
You can also drag and drop an executable (.exe) file onto the box at the top of the dialog box.
You will see a new entry in the list box which shows all applications that will be published. When all applications to be published have been selected, click on Finish.
Publish a Desktop
Select where you want to publish the desktop from:
- All Servers in Farm - Includes all the servers that are added to the farm. If only one server is present you will be automatically be taken to the ‘Startup Wizard – Publish Applications’ dialog box.
- Server Groups – This option is not available for publishing desktops.
- Individual Servers - Allows you to choose the servers you would like to use to publish a desktop, by checking the checkbox next to the name of the server.
- New Server - Add a new server to the farm and use it to publish an desktop.
After you have determined the source of the published desktop, all you need to do is name it and add a description.
Click ‘Finish’ to complete the process.
Select ‘Setup LoadBalancer’. Each available server in the farm is listed and the information regarding each Agent is also listed.
Select the connection type. The choices are MS Terminal Server (RDP), Citrix Server (ICA) or Both (RDP/ICA).
Check the box next to each server that you would like to add to the LoadBalancer.
Select the server to be used for load balancing
When you have selected all the servers that you want to add, simply click on ‘Finish’.
- Please make sure that you are running the latest build. To find out what the latest version/build is, kindly visit the following link: http://www.2x.com/downloads/
- Please note that in order to upgrade, you must have purchased the upgrade insurance, as licenses need to be upgraded in order to work on a later build.
- To find out what is the version you currently have installed on your ThinClientServer, please open the console and check the currently installed version from the top right of your screen.
- To find out what is the currently installed version of your 2X Application, please open the console and navigate to help>about.
- Please kindly note that the issues and resolution presented on this article may be obsolete or no longer helpful with the latest version of your 2X Application. Should you require further assistance, please submit a ticket with Technical Support from the following link: http://2x.helpserve.com/index.php?_m=tickets&_a=submit
- Please be aware that links related to 3rd parties like Microsoft, may sometimes be replaced or moved by the 3rd party itself.