Upgrade procedure for 2X ApplicationServer XG and 2X LoadBalancer
Posted by Gino Dalcielo on 03 February 2012 10:12 AM
In order to upgrade to the latest version of your 2X ApplicationServer XG or 2X Load Balancer, we would firstly recommend making sure you have purchased the upgrade insurance package. For further info about 2X Upgrade & Support Packages, please visit the following link: http://www.2x.com/ordering/maintenance.html
To proceed with the upgrade:
- In the 2X Console, use File > Export Settings to make a backup of your configuration.
- Close the 2X Console.
- Install the server software over the previous installation, by simply running the installer.
- If software components are separated (Publishing Agent, Gateway, Terminal Server Agent), and/or you have more than one terminal server, update the software on its residing servers by pushing out the newer version through the 2X Console (you will however be prompted at a later stage to do this automatically).
- Reactivate your license by using the Licensing Tab > Activate, insert the required information if needed, click on the activate button, click ok, then Apply.
- Please make sure that you are running the latest build. To find out what the latest version/build is, kindly visit the following link: http://www.2x.com/downloads/
- Please note that in order to upgrade, you must have purchased the upgrade insurance, as licenses need to be upgraded in order to work on a later build.
- To find out what is the version you currently have installed on your ThinClientServer, please open the console and check the currently installed version from the top right of your screen.
- To find out what is the currently installed version of your 2X Application, please open the console and navigate to help>about.
- Please kindly note that the issues and resolution presented on this article may be obsolete or no longer helpful with the latest version of your 2X Application. Should you require further assistance, please submit a ticket with Technical Support from the following link: http://2x.helpserve.com/index.php?_m=tickets&_a=submit
- Please be aware that links related to 3rd parties like Microsoft, may sometimes be replaced or moved by the 3rd party itself.