If you change MAC addresses, System IP, Volume ID, hostname or other parameters of your server you will need to re-activate your product again online.
Some VM infrastructures have solutions like MAC pools and virtual NIC Mac address cycling. These will, unfortunately, surely invalidate your license. However, these technologies can usually be bypassed or dis-activated by:
- Selecting a static MAC address ( as should be in a physical server environment supported on most technologies)
- Binding to a physical NIC card (not all technologies support this but support is improving especially for 10GbE NICs)
If the above does not apply to your situation and you are still having issues, please try to take the following steps:
- Export 2X software settings (File > Export Settings)
- Uninstall the 2X software
- Remove any remaining 2X file
- Reboot your server
- Reinstall the 2X software
- Activate your license
- Click Apply
- Please make sure that you are running the latest build. To find out what the latest version/build is, kindly visit the following link: http://www.2x.com/downloads/
- Please note that in order to upgrade, you must have purchased the upgrade insurance, as licenses need to be upgraded in order to work on a later build.
- To find out what is the version you currently have installed on your ThinClientServer, please open the console and check the currently installed version from the top right of your screen.
- To find out what is the currently installed version of your 2X Application, please open the console and navigate to help>about.
- Please kindly note that the issues and resolution presented on this article may be obsolete or no longer helpful with the latest version of your 2X Application. Should you require further assistance, please submit a ticket with Technical Support from the following link: http://2x.helpserve.com/index.php?_m=tickets&_a=submit
- Please be aware that links related to 3rd parties like Microsoft, may sometimes be replaced or moved by the 3rd party itself.